Monday 3 April 2017

Hello and welcome

Cooking for a baby means learning to cook again and cooking from scratch where you used to just buy shop bought. Babies can only have less than a gram of salt a day and a lot of cooking products, recipes and basic practise we take for granted in everyday cooking have far too much salt in them, such as boiling vegetables in salted water, shop bought pasta sauces, stocks and gravies.

When I first thought about cooking for my little girl the idea that I couldn't use gravy/stock or boil potatoes in salted water boggled my mind. Cooking potatoes without salt, it just didn't seem right, going against the very principal of osmosis, how was it to be done? How would I stop food tasting bland if I didn't add salt?

This blog aims to compile my no added salt, no added sugar culinary successes to help other parents find ways to create home cook meals that the whole family, particularly baby, can enjoy. All recipes in this blog and been tried and tested by my 8 month old daughter, Isabella, to make sure they are baby friendly. Isabella currently doesn't have any teeth and has no problem eating any of these foods, so they are ideal for babies with or without teeth.

As you'll see these recipes contain no added salt, but salt does natural occur within ingredients and I can make no account of the combined nutrition values in each recipe.

I hope you find this blog useful and I love to hear from other parents about their own baby friendly recipes.

Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment