Makes enough for 3-4 adults and one child.
For the sauce
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soft cheese (I used lactofree soft cheese but regular soft cheese will work just as well)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Serve with spaghetti and a sprinkle of parmesan (optional)
- Put the oil in a large pan.
- Peel and chop the carrot, garlic and onion, chop the mushrooms, celery and tomatoes, add to the pan along with the spinach.
- Cook on a medium-high heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor until reasonable smooth.
- Add the soft cheese and blitz again until fully combined.
- Fold into hot spaghetti and serve.